Added to Cart View Cart or Continue Shopping.
The price shown is the price per week.
Five days per week of full-time study.
Small class sizes of maximum 6 per class.
Courses commence each Monday of the year.
The course price includes homestay accommodation with single room and half-board.
In their lessons, students develop and improve their ability to:
Reading and Use of English
- understand texts from publications such as fiction and non-fiction books, journals, newspapers and magazines
- show precise control of grammar and vocabulary
- use idioms, collocations, fixed phrases, complementation, phrasal verbs
- understand word formation, in particular the use of affixation, internal
- changes and compounding in word formation
- understand detail, specific meaning, opinion, attitude, tone, purpose, main idea, gist
- from context, implication, text organisation features, exemplification, reference
- understand cohesion, coherence, text structure and global meaning
- write an opinion essay summarising and evaluating the key ideas contained in two texts
- understand the format of an article, informal letter, formal letter, report, review and write these genres of text persuasively
- understand the meaning of a range of spoken material, including conversations, lectures, seminars, broadcasts and talks
- navigate a variety of genres of listening texts including monologues, interacting speakers, interviews, discussions, conversations, radio plays, talks, speeches, lectures, commentaries, documentaries, instructions
- listen for gist, detail, function, purpose, topic, speaker, feeling, attitude, opinion, reference, agreement, disagreement
- interpret information in different contexts with speed and accuracy
- develop spoken interaction skills and social language
- interpret and comment on visual stimuli, which are used in a decision-making task
- exchange ideas, express and justify opinions, agree and/or disagree, suggest, speculate, evaluate, reach a decision through negotiation
- provide information about themselves
- engage in a discussion and work towards a negotiated outcome of a set task
- develop and sustain discourse
- engage in discussion of a variety of topics
Included in the course
- Course lessons
- Use of course materials
- Use of school facilities, including tea and coffee
- End of course certificate